Guide to sales lead generation website design for SMEs in Singapore
by Kirby Poh, Eng8ge
A website design that’s focused on sales lead generation will help your business establish an online presence, acquire new customers, and increase revenue.
11 reasons why a website is crucial to your business
A quality website drives business to your establishment – here’s why:
- You can beat your larger competitors in the virtual space. What’s more, potential customers from abroad won’t know how big you truly are.
- Your competitors have company websites. So, having one would make your business appear more credible.
- A website extends your customer reach and provides your business accessibility to the global audience at a low cost.
- Your virtual site sells your wares around the clock.
- People use the Internet to search for products or services they wish to purchase these days. Thus, you’ll need to be able to get in front of them.
- If your website is optimised properly, you can attract patrons staying in the vicinity of your shop.
- The website is a cost-effective platform for promoting your products or services. Further, without a web presence, you won’t be able to take advantage of results-based online marketing channels, like pay-per-click (PPC) advertising.
- It can be used as a sales kit for your team. It can also double as a private resource centre for your staff.
- Your website can enhance your business’ customer service and support department.
- You can harness the power of positive online reviews and strengthen your branding.
- It’s an avenue for you to collect potential customer data for marketing communications.
Hence, as a business driver, your company website should serve these purposes:
- Sell products and services.
- Establish credentials.
- Generate leads.
16 ways to optimise your website for lead generation
Your website is capable of acquiring prospective customers when it’s able to entice visitors to act to engage your enterprise. To do so, there’re a few enhancements you’d need to make to your site:
- Build an attractive-looking website. People tend to correlate good design with quality.
- Stay focused on addressing your marketing goals throughout the design of your website.
- Develop and increase the recognition of your brand.
- Establish trust by being genuine and sincere in your messaging.
- Make it easy for users to find the information they need.
- Write helpful content that addresses the needs of your prospective customers. Good copywriting builds interest, confidence, and motivates them to interact with your business.
- Provide multiple clear calls-to-action.
- Ensure your contact details are accessible.
- Place an online form on every web page; test it to ascertain it works.
- Implement live chat.
- Include customer testimonials with photos on your website.
- Display the names of well-known customers and/or partners.
- Apply business trust seals.
- Follow search engine optimisation (SEO) best practices so that your website stands a higher chance of being presented to searchers.
- Optimise your website for mobile devices; make sure the page loading is fast so that visitors wouldn’t quit your website prematurely.
- Include a business blog to share valuable information with your customers and draw traffic.
Lead generation website examples
IMPACT has gathered – in their opinion – 11 of the best-optimised lead generation website examples. Go through them and learn what makes them successful.
The approach to lead-generating web design
Unlike a general website which many small and medium enterprises (SME) would regard as an expense item, a purpose-built sales lead generation website is an asset and can provide positive return on investment (ROI).
There are, however, aspects of web design and development that you’ll have to pay special attention to:
- Understanding the intent of people who visit your website. Providing answers to the questions your web visitors ask will send a strong signal to Google and other major search engines that you’re providing valuable content. This gives your website the best chance of appearing at the top of search engine results pages (SERP).
- Establishing a strong corporate identity. Creating a positive perception of your company requires a professional website that reflects your core business philosophy. This enables you to create a solid connection with your potential customers to build trust.
- Structuring a website that flows logically. The easier it is for someone to use your website, the more likely they are to arrive at the ultimate destination point – the persuasive call to action that turns a mere browser into an actual prospect.
- Planning the user interface (UI). Your web page layout will have to be configured so that it’s aesthetically pleasing and easy to navigate, giving visitors a good [user experience (UX) as they interact with it.
- Having the technical expertise to maximise the impact of your website. Producing quality end-product entails skills across different disciplines, including (SEO) and an in-depth understanding of online marketing practices.
Take your website visitors through the buying cycle
While corporate websites primarily focus on providing information to the public about a company or charity, a sales lead generation website homes in on a business’s prospective customers.
Your website should speak to potential customers directly and emotionally. Understand that when a visitor lands on your website, they’re not quite interested in you, but what you can do for them.
Thus, construct a website that focuses on your prospective customers and take them on a journey of discovery of how your products or services can benefit them. The final destination of this voyage is the call to action that results in a serious sales lead.
You’d also have to ready your website for potential future upgrades and expansion.
Eng8ge’s web design and development services workflow
Our professional website services entail a systematic process aimed at generating qualified sales leads for our clients. You can adopt this process too:
- Business analysis. Study your business, research its target audience, and look at the industry overall.
- Website planning. Produce a web design blueprint focused on sales lead generation, with a layout optimised for both desktop and mobile devices.
- Web design. Present you with initial design concepts based on your corporate identity, and then finalise the website structure and layout.
- Web development. Install and configure appropriate software and conduct system checks.
- Search engine optimisation (SEO). Generate SEO-friendly URLs (Uniform Resource Locators – the addresses of your website pages) and insert appropriate page titles and meta descriptions.
- Go live. Install a content management system (CMS), like WordPress, on your server and migrate the finalised website to it; and protect your website against hackers and spammers.
Eng8ge generates more business for our clients
In addition to having the capabilities of a web design and web development firm, Eng8ge has a strong background in online marketing for SMEs.
We understand that web design isn’t about “bells and whistles” gimmicks. We’ll structure your website so it can be navigated with the minimum of fuss, as it takes your prospective customers to the point where they’re highly likely to become a serious sales lead.
Compared with some website design companies, Eng8ge’s online presence managed services place a strong emphasis on SEO to maximise the likelihood of creating more business for our customers.
What’s more, we share online marketing strategies, tactics, and tips with businesses so we could all grow together.
How to start
Eng8ge’s Online Presence Managed Services is currently available in Singapore only.
Engage us by phone, email, or through our contact form, and our client services specialist would get in touch with you within 2 working days.